I’ve been on a bit of a blogging hiatus for the past month. There has just been so much going on and not enough time in the day! On this last day of 2015, though, I think it’s appropriate to do a little reflecting on some of the exciting things we have been experiencing!
1) My most amazing blessing is also my most time-consuming job. Selah Marie was born October 19th, and when I’m not busy feeding her, playing with her, changing her, or getting her to sleep, it’s hard not to just stare in wonder at her! She truly is “fearfully and wonderfully made.”
We made our first trip to Iowa over Christmas. She was SO good, sleeping the whole drive there and back. She was generally easy-going as she hung out at Hope’s, got passed around to all the new family, friends, and customers who wanted to meet her, and was on stimulation-overload with all the holiday gatherings. It was wonderful for her to be able to spend a week with her Grandma and Grandpa Niebuhr and Aunts Ariel and Moriah.
2) We celebrated the 30th Anniversary of Hope’s as our family business. This is a BIG DEAL! Mom and Dad didn’t want to make it a big to-do, but it really is an impressive accomplishment to make it 30 years as small business owners. They have grown Hope’s exponentially from where it was when they purchased it from Hope in 1985. It’s clear they run their business with integrity, servant hearts, and hard work. I plan to share a blog soon detailing the changes they have seen over the years. It will be fun, so check back!
3) We remodeled the upstairs of the Atkins location. The old barn is looking fresh with new paint, carpet, and mirrors! We still are finishing a few loose ends on the project, but it is a great improvement!
4) Our new catalog has been published! The pictures by Brian Hall Photographers are amazing, as always. We are really excited to be partnering with some new preferred vendors who are a part of our catalog for 2016 along with many of the tried-and-true businesses who were with us last year. Check out our “Preferred Vendors” page to get in touch with these professionals! I hope to feature many of them as guest bloggers this year, sharing their expertise with you.
5) We are prepping for a great 2016 kick-off with lots going on in January! While Selah and I were in Iowa, we fitted 32 of our 36 models for the Z102.9 Bridal Showcase. The show is going to be WONDERFUL on January 10th! Plan to be there and send everyone you know who is planning a wedding!
We also fitted 12 models for a prom photo shoot with Macy Marie Photography that unfortunately got cancelled due to the winter storm on Monday. We were able to take a few of those models with us to the prom photo shoot we did in Davenport with Avenue Studios yesterday. With 16 models from all different schools, we had a lot of fun! We’ll be sharing those pictures with you soon!
Several trunk shows are coming up, too. For bridal, we have AMAZING Stephen Yearick gowns in Atkins until the fashion show on the 10th. And we also have some standout pieces from Roz la Kelin until the 19th, when Roz herself will be visiting the store! It is so special to have such an accomplished designer coming to Hope’s. She has never been to Iowa before, so we’re ready to show her just how awesome our brides are!
For prom trunk shows, we have Jovani in Davenport Jan. 14-25 and in Atkins January 29-February 18. We will be featuring Alyce Paris in Atkins February 19-22 and in Davenport February 26-28. All trunk shows will feature special savings for those who purchase one of the designer’s dresses!
Whew… and that’s not all, but that’s enough to give you an idea of the exciting events we have coming up for you!
2016 is sure to be a special. We look forward to sharing it with you! Have a blessed, fun, safe, and happy New Year!
Faith, Hope & Love,