This year I headed down to Atlanta for “World of Prom” at America’s Mart with Mom and Selah. We took Lizzie and Monica, who have both worked in our prom department for several years. We were there for a FULL WEEK of prom buying. Whew.
We saw thousands… and thousands… and thousands of prom dresses in the seven days. We had to narrow it down to the hundreds we are bringing to Eastern Iowa, predicting what YOU will want this coming year. And trust me, we picked some AWESOME dresses!!!
Here’s a preview of what you will see at Hope’s this prom season:
1. You told us you want Sherri Hill, so we are bringing you Sherri Hill! We have over 150 dresses from this top designer heading our way! We’ve got the simple, sophisticated looks. Lots of embroidery. Fresh new floral prints. Sexy new fabrics. It’s an exciting collection!
2. Jovani is the other top designer our customers love. We bought over 80 dresses from this high-end, glamorous line. PLUS, we will bring even more of their amazing dresses to our stores with a trunk show in late January/early February! This will be an opportunity to save on any Jovani!
3. We found two new designers that will be exclusive to Hope’s Bridal, so you won’t find these dresses at other stores or online. Both are totally gorgeous and amazing quality at good price points- we’re so excited to offer these dresses to you! We love exclusive product because our customer knows she will be in a one-of-a-kind dress at her prom!
4. We love all the gowns coming from designers like Mori Lee, Johnathan Kayne, Faviana, Blush Prom, Alyce Paris, Mac Duggal, Precious Formals, and Tony Bowls. We really picked the BEST of the BEST and have some amazing styles that stand out in the best ways possible!
5. What were some of the NEW things we saw? There was a variety of new fabrics. Sherri Hill and Tony Bowls both had dresses with DENIM!! Weird I know, but both beautifully done. A few designers were starting to use some fringe/dangling beads to give movement to dresses. We saw lots of styling options such as a dress in four pieces: top, short skirt or shorts, over skirt with train, and choker necklace. It takes a 2-piece prom dress to a whole new level! (And what fun you can have using those separate pieces after prom with different outfits!!)
6. We discovered a great plus size line that has dresses just for girls size 14 and up. We LOVE it because they are based in St. Louis (yeah, I can be to their warehouse in like 10 minutes, flat!) and they offer the best current fashions in flattering cuts for girls with curves. A lot of designers don’t make their dresses in plus size, or if they do, they charge a big surcharge above a certain size. We’re excited to offer this to Eastern Iowa! (And they make bridal gowns, too!)
7. Top Trends? Print… lots of print. Two-piece dresses… they are EVERYWHERE. Layered skirts… ruffles, flounces, tiers, the skirts have volume! Jersey… a sexy fabric that hugs all your curves.
This was Monica’s and Lizzie’s first time to a market, and they were amazing help. I think they will bring even more expertise and excitement to our shoppers this year because of all they saw and learned.
“I loved the experience, and it was a great opportunity to learn more about the dresses and designers that we sell. I’m excited for this prom season,” said Lizzie.
Monica felt similarly. “I enjoyed being able to meet all the designers and understand their passion behind their companies.”
Here are a few of the pictures we took while at market. Selah was kind of the star of the show… she sure knew how to get attention! We can’t wait to see all our Hope’s Girls decked out for Prom 2017!
Faith, Hope & Love,